Ethics & Enviroment
THE PALADONE GLOBAL COMMUNITY
Paladone take seriously our ethical commitment to our team, our customers, our suppliers and the environment. We demonstrate this through key activities;
SEDEX - active membership
SEDEX is an organisation which aims to improve working conditions, business practices and environmental policies in factories across the world. Our factories are audited to our own strict auditing procedures and also to ETI (Ethical Trade Initiative) Standards.
We work to these ethical guidelines, taken from the ILO (International Labour Organization) for both UK and global team members:
- + Paladone are committed to improving the lives and basic conditions of workers and their families within our Global Supply Chain.
- + We commit to working in partnership with the factory owners who produce and supply our products to ensure that local and international law is upheld.
- + We aim to (through a policy of continuous improvement) ensure that our suppliers strive to observe the basic code as laid out below.
- + Employment is freely chosen - prison and forced labour is prohibited.
- + Working hours are not excessive.
- + Living wages should be paid.
- + Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- + Child labour is prohibited.
- + Discrimination is prohibited.
- + Employees should have freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- + Harassment, abuse and inhumane treatment are prohibited.
Paladone use PET rather than PVC in our packaging.
PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) is a plastic and degrades slowly, its manufacturing process can be harmful to the environment through Co2 emissions. However many modern day items are made from PVC and in its final state it is very durable. Click here to find out more.
Paladone ethics in practice.
We pride ourselves on a strong ethical trading practice and we operate a strict supplier audit programme in which we constantly review materials used, their construction and the way in which all products are packaged. We have our own compliance department which ensures we are at the forefront of all legislative requirements. As a natural part of our design process, we look to use recycled materials in our packaging and make priority the materials used in our products as recyclable as possible or remove packaging altogether. Eco-design principles have become part of our creative process.
Re-cycling, reducing and re-using.
We ensure that wherever possible we maintain high quality standards – we take a planetary approach to the whole of the product development process.
ABOUT /// PALADONE TEAM