The role focuses on a much broader scale of design, carrying out entire processes from concept and design to layout and final artwork Working independently and taking briefs directly.
Paladone and Customer Artwork
- Often taking briefs directly, designing new product concepts, 2D product artworks and packaging designs
- Designing catalogues, flyers, web banners and trade show designs
- Working independently to design packaging cutter guides and SOT/ CDU cutter guides
- Amending cutter guides and artwork as necessary
- Producing artwork layouts
- With full understanding and ability to apply back of pack artwork: Barcodes and technology warnings
- Competent in setting up artwork files correctly
- Working independently on Logo designs
- Mock-ups of packaging as and when required
- Designing and working with style guides and applying artwork to cutter guides
- Self-sufficient in producing on shelf diagrams for customers
- Ability to cut out and save images at different sizes and resolutions and archiving
- Photography retouching as and when needed
- Assisting in the training of junior designers and interns
- Working with a degree of commercial awareness
- Attending relevant internal or external meetings as required.
- Design skills – Adobe suite including: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign mid to advance level
- Illustration skills would be advantageous
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Product, Packaging and lifestyle Photography Mid/advanced skills
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to work from a brief
- Ability to multitask on many projects at a time
- Ability to handle design rejection in a constructive and impartial way
- Confidence in presenting and explaining ideas
What you will bring to Paladone
- Creativity and Innovation
- Team Building and Interpersonal Skills
- Objective Listening Skills
- Planning and organisation ability
- Time management / personal effectiveness
- A degree of Commercial awareness and application
- Ability to work quickly
- Adaptability / dependability
This is a full time, permanent role which is office based at our Shoreham HQ.
You will be working on our cosmetic products so you must have worked on home/beauty and fashion products previously.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you and you would like to apply, please get in touch as we would love to hear from you.
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you feel you would be sucessful in this role.
Please note, we will accept applications from Senior Designers for this role.