Paladone is the UK’s leading innovative gift company. Our commitment to fantastic products, exceptional service & customer care is why we’re the trusted supplier of the world’s largest gift retailers as well as thousands of independent stores worldwide.
Our mission is to create the best gift products and deliver them to our customers with an unrivalled customer focussed service in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
Along with our own branded products, we offer a comprehensive range of licensed giftware. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Disney, Harry Potter and DC Comics.
We have enjoyed continuous growth and have ambitious plans for the future. We are looking to recruit an ambitious, self-driven European Export Manager to develop our Distributor European Marketplace.
To maximise and manage the European Sales function and drive product sales. The jobholder will build the capabilities to develop the European sales strategy and develop strong relationships with distributors with a special focus on building a successful and sustainable business across all our European channels.
- Develop country specific commercial GTM (Go To Market) plans aligned to the sales and brand strategy
- Work with all business stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain. Product team) to develop and execute a robust commercial ‘sales strategy within the France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Spain, Italy, Portugal markets.
- Manage the direct & distributor ‘product strategy’ according the GMT plan to ensure the agreed categories are focused on commercially to drive SKU productivity.
- Maximise revenues, market share, brand presence online, margin and level of service based on managing the distributor to execute successfully
- Educate, influence and regularly inform key stakeholders in the Company’s sales developments, channel sales opportunities and needed capabilities
- Communicate account and/or distributor forecasting and order system to the company to ensure business needs are aligned.
- Manage margin agreements as per draft agreement following and enforcing the T&C’s with Account / Distributor (at each level) to control the sales process
- Implement and activate the trade marketing strategy (at retail) to ensure Paladone is presented according to brand guidelines
- Marketplace visits (at least twice per quarter) to monitor Account / Distributors execution at retail
- Monitor and feedback online customer experience to ensure it meets brand guidelines and commercial strategy.
- Communicate weekly updates on progress against commercial and GTM plans
- Utilise Navision tool to log events, calls, emails so all levels of business have visibility. Including ensuring customer database is up to date.
- Design, write and log the commercial strategy per country in line with the GTM plan
- Analyse sales, performance by style, category and division; use this knowledge and trend direction to provide recommendations to maximise opportunities and limit liabilities
Leadership and coaching of Distributor:
- Attend tradeshows (as per marketing calendar) to support sales and marketing.
- Attend key account meetings with either Distributor, Country Manager or KAM or sales agent according to commercial strategy per country.
Technical / Behavioural Skills:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum experience of 3 years in European Key Account Management, European Distribution management, or similar in a fast-paced environment
- Degree level qualified
- Demonstrable track record in delivering sales and profit growth
- Proven track record of implementing sales programs and procedures
- Knowledge of European contract terms, foreign currencies, tariffs and trading regulations.
- Data driven, confident with managing large data sets
- Navision – Intermediate / advanced level or similar tools
- Multi-Lingual skills – desirable
- Willingness to travel in Europe & UK is essential (40%)
- Strong Assertive / influencing / negotiation skills with ability to manage terms discussions at a senior level.
- Ability to make strategic decisions with technical problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to initiate and build strong relationships with Distributors & Key Stakeholders
- Analytical, strategic mind-set
The jobholder will be confident of operating at senior management level and representing the business in Europe, US & UK, both within existing accounts, and developing new business relationships, with an understanding of working in different UK & European business cultures
How to apply:
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and telling us why you think you would be successful in this role.