Paladone is a wholesale giftware company with offices in the UK, US and Hong Kong. We design and distribute directly from our Head Quarters in Shoreham by Sea, Texas US and the Far East. Our mission is to create the best gift products and deliver them to our customers with an unrivalled customer focussed service.
Along with our own branded products, we offer a comprehensive range of licensed giftware. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Disney, Harry Potter and DC comics, and we develop, design, manufacture and wholesale a wide range of gift and novelties for our retail partners in the UK and around the world.
We have enjoyed continuous growth and have ambitious plans for the future and we are now looking to recruit an experienced Shipping Co-ordinator to provide maternity cover on a 12-month fixed term basis.
It is an opportunity for a highly driven individual to join a passionate, committed team, with a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously improve across the business.
Reporting to the Global Freight Manager, the Shipping Co-ordinator will assist with the management of all global shipments to meet company deadlines with the most efficient and cost effect freight solution and assist with negotiation with freight forwarders to provide best in practise freight solution to meet Paladone delivery requirements.
- Record Shipment type based on nominated delivery location, timelines and costs including LCL, Airfreights
- Plan container shipping scheduling based on PO stock availability, delivery deadlines and final delivery destination
- Assist with vendor PO stock bookings and release for shipment based on stock availability, delivery timelines to final destinations based on shipping schedules – updating NAV details.
- Report and escalate on delays to planned shipments to all necessary personnel within Paladone with reasons
- Assist with negotiation and maintain all agreed shipping rates and all local charges to the final global delivery destination including transit times
- Assist with the tender and negotiation of airfreight quotes with alternative freight forwarders on timelines and budget targets provided.
- Minimize shipment delays including container rolls over based on shipping global demands, scheduling and market news
- Minimize additional local costs – waiting times, quay rent and additional inbound transport costs
- Work with respective operations teams, freight forwarders to fast track key containers into warehouse or customer delivery locations.
Freight Forwarder Management
- Liaise with nominated freight forwarder on a day to day basis on updates and issues
- Assist with the monthly management meetings with nominated Freight Forwarder to review KPI and set action points
- Work with nominated Freight forwarder that the vendor/shipment global management system tool is maintained and updated to meet company SLA and reporting requirements.
- Assist with the integration of the freight forwarder system into NAV with continuous improvement planned to give improved visibility and efficiencies to the business for all shipments
- Investigating, reviewing and recommending with freight forwarder alternative transportation modes to meet delivery timelines and fulfill commercial opportunities.
- Keep up to date with market trends and risks to minimize costs and risks.
- Assist with the tender and negotiate with invited Freight forwarders new service agreement, with recommendation to the Board based on improved service offering and overall lowest cost base.
- Assist with monthly report to the Board detailing KPI and costs incurred by month with details on any exceptions
- Update business monthly on shipping rates, highlighting changes to the rates by area
- Excellent People skills
- Strong Teambuilding / interpersonal skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Objective listening skills
- Assertive / influencing skills
- Strong planning and organisation ability
- Communications skills at all levels verbally and written
- Time management / personal effectiveness
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of Navision and other IT platforms
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Strong reporting capability
- Ability to analyse market trends
- Advanced Excel skills
- A solid understanding of UK / International logistics
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Office hours are 8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
How to apply:
Please apply via email to email@example.com with a CV and a covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and telling us why you think you would be good in this role.