Paladone is the UK’s leading innovative gift company. Our commitment to fantastic products, exceptional service & customer care is why we’re the trusted supplier of the world’s largest gift retailers as well as thousands of independent stores worldwide.
Our mission is to create the best gift products and deliver them to our customers with an unrivalled customer focussed service in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
Along with our own branded products, we offer a comprehensive range of licensed giftware. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Disney, Harry Potter and DC Comics.
We are looking to recruit a talented Junior New Product Developer to support our continued growth. This is a great opportunity for a creative individual to develop their knowledge and skills within an established team.
Ideally the successful candidate will have some relevant work experience, love the brands we work with and have a burning passion for great products. You will need to be interested, or well versed, in pop culture to identify with current trends and lifestyle brands which Paladone represents.
To assist in the development of new products and ranges from concept to production.
- Conduct market research in order to make commercial recommendations in relation to current & future products.
- Assist with competitor analysis and consumer profiling on a cyclical basis.
- Identifying applicable trends, planning new ranges and presenting new range ideas to the business.
Ideas and concept development
- To generate ideas and concepts for new products – this should be done with commercial mind set taking into account the product cost vs price point.
- Working with some of the worlds biggest brands (Disney, Warner Bros, Nintendo etc) to translate licensed brands and assets into amazing licensed products.
- Work with our designers to create great product ideas and then write up detailed product briefs
- Writing product specifications for Far East suppliers
Project Management – Product development
- Creating project timelines and managing critical paths of projects
- Assisting with product costing, quote forms and negotiation
- Reviewing handmade samples to ensure to ensure they are suitable
- Liaising closely with third party suppliers and internal staff to ensure testing, tooling, packaging requirements are delivered according to brief and within time and cost parameters.
FINAL NOTE – This is a fantastic Role for a Junior New Product Developer working within a fun, vibrant and innovative company; however, developing new products is not easy. To be successful in this role you will need to be passionate and have great drive and commitment. If you are not passionate about understanding consumer trends and translating these trends into great products you need not apply.
How to apply:
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and telling us why you think you would be good in this role.
Office hours are 8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.