Paladone Products Ltd are a highly successful and established designer and manufacturer of fun, novelty toy and giftware. We offer a comprehensive range of licensed giftware along with our own branded product, and we develop, manufacture and wholesale a wide range of gifts and novelties for our retail partners in the UK and around the world.
Located near Brighton in the UK, we have built up an enviable customer base because of our commitment to innovative product design, commitment to quality and customer service.
We are continuing to grow as a Company, so we are looking for a talented Middleweight Designer to become an integral part of the design team in driving the success of Paladone at this incredibly exciting time.
This role sits within our Customer/Marketing Design area within the Design team. Day to day you would be taking briefs from our sales department based on existing products, designing and applying style guides for these products and applying artwork to packaging cutter guides or creating one off bespoke packaging designs for some customers. There would also be the occasional concept design and redesign of existing product artworks. Briefs will also come in from our US office, Hong Kong office or Export department. Along with the customer work you would also be working closely with the Marketing department on projects such as our yearly catalogue, supplements, exhibition graphics/trade show designs and other internal projects.
Customer Design work includes:
Designing style guides, applying style guides to packaging cutter guides, redesigning existing product artworks, designing concepts, producing on shelf diagrams for customers, applying back of pack artwork (Barcodes and technology warnings), amending cutter guides and artwork as necessary and producing mock-ups of packaging designs (training will be provided)
Marketing Design work includes:
Designing catalogues, flyers, supplements, web banners and trade show and exhibitions designs
Other general day to day Design work includes:
- Cutting out and saving images at different sizes and resolutions, taking photographs of products and lifestyle images and photography retouching
- Assisting in the training of junior designers and interns
- Attending relevant internal or external meetings as required
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop & In Design (Speed in illustrator essential)
- Microsoft office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- The ability to understand and work to a brief
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage under pressure
- The ability to multitask on many projects at a time
- Must be able to manage projects from initial brief to artwork / production
- Must be adaptable and flexible and can work well within a team
- Confident in setting up artwork files correctly
- Some degree of commercial awareness
- Photography skills an advantage
Core office hours are 8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday but we also offer flexi time hours.
To apply or find out more please email Louise.Paddenburg@paladone.com.