We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative (obviously!) and hard working Junior Designer.
This is an entry level role and as a Junior Designer you will provide support to our in house design team in all elements of product and packaging design.
Are you a graduate looking for your first Design role or are you currently a Junior Designer looking for an exciting new challenge?, Either way, if design is your passion, then we would love to hear from you.
This role will include variety and lots of learning opportunities, below are some of the tasks that a Junior Designer would undertake:
- Creating packaging mockups as required for internal approval as well as retailer meetings and selections. Mock ups are created using our in house large format printer and laser cutter.
- Photographing products and packaging samples.
- Creating and maintaining sales presentations which showcase our full range of core and customer special products to retailers.
- Assisting the design team with artwork amends to pre-existing concepts drawings, product artwork and packaging artwork.
- Applying barcodes, technology warnings and multiple translations to the back of packaging artwork under the guidance of senior designers.
- Design housekeeping, filing and general upkeep of computer files and folders.
- Applying styleguides for licensed and unlicensed ranges to multiple cutter guides under the guidance of senior designers
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is:
- A great team player
- A keen learner
- Excellent at planning and organisation
- An all round great person!
Skills required for this role
- Studio skills including confidence using a scalpel, spray mount and other studio equiptment
- Basic knowledge of Adobe suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Illustration skills would be advantageous
- Basic MS Office skills
- Basic photography skills would be helpful but not essential
- A keen interest in the gift industry
Please send your CV, covering letter and portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are really looking forward to hearing from you!