We have had an exciting role come up at Paladone for a new Junior New Product Developer to join our NPD Team. This is a full time role that is based at our HQ in Shoreham-By-Sea in West Sussex.
Paladone is a wholesale giftware company with offices in the UK, US and Hong Kong. We design and distribute directly from our HQ in Shoreham-By-Sea UK, Texas US and the Far East. Our mission is to create the best gift products and deliver them to our customers with an unrivalled customer focussed service.
Purpose of the role
To develop innovative and fun new products and ranges from concept to production.
What we are looking for
We are a looking for a creative/innovative person who has is as enthusiastic and passionate about great products as we are. We are looking for an individual who has integrity is assertive and has good influencing skills as well as good planning and organisation ability. Good time management is essential as well as commercial awareness and meticulous attention to detail.
What experience you will need
Product development degree or equivalent experience essential
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with strategic market in order to make commercial recommendations in relation to current & future products. Attending exhibitions and trade shows
- Assist with competitor analysis and competitor profiling on a cyclical basis, assessing the strengths and weaknesses or current and potential competitors.
- Identifying applicable trends, planning new ranges and presenting new range ideas to the business.
Ideas and concept development
- To assist with all element of the product design process
- To generate ideas and concepts for new products
- Writing product design briefs for the design department
- Writing product specifications for Far East suppliers
- Working with thirds parties to translate licensed brands and assets into strong licensed products, including selecting licensed imagery, and managing license approvals
Project Management – Product development
- Assisting with creation and management of critical paths
- Assisting with product costing, quote forms and negotiation
- Reviewing handmade samples to ensure to ensure they are suitable
- Liaising closely with third party suppliers and internal staff to ensure testing, tooling, packaging requirements are delivered according to brief and within time and cost parameters.
- Working in accordance with company processes
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to Caroline Deen (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to hearing from you.