Paladone is looking to recruit a Head of Quality for its fast-growing wholesale gift business. The role is located on the SE coast in Shoreham-by-Sea just outside Brighton at its headquarters. We are looking to recruit within our senior leadership team to manage the compliance team across this fast paced non-food consumer products category.
The role will be responsible for leading the compliance team in the UK in delivering the safety, legality and integrity of all its products across a wide product mix.
• Managing the risk assessment framework to drive the timely, legal and safe launch of its newly developed products and align the supplier selection process to support this.
• Proactively guide the development teams in the design of new products to mitigate risk ensuring consideration is given to commercial criteria and time frames.
• Deliver the company’s strategy of Quality across the company in this fast growing global gift business.
• Oversee supplier performance. Monitoring and escalation of exceptions with weekly reporting to the Procurement and Compliance Director.
• Ensuring defined protocols established and maintained for crisis management to allow for the effective liaison with all company stakeholders across the business as well as manufacturers, customers and enforcement authorities.
• Regular consultation with our Global offices to support the vendor management programme and identify and prioritise factory auditing and production vetting as needed.
• Manage the screening and set up of new suppliers as well as ensuring the existing suppliers performance is closely monitored and managed as required.
• Ensure quality across production is being managed effectively by the team to drive down non-compliance in production and AQL inspections allowing efficient timely route to market.
The successful Candidate will have;
• Extensive Quality Experience from a non-food background ideally with knowledge across the electronics sector, and with toy and homewares experience.
• Led a high performing team establishing KPI’s and monitoring those, giving clear direction, coaching and objectives to the team as a whole.
• Has good knowledge of working with an overseas supply base building good communication and relationships to support mutual gain.
• Ideally be a graduate having been trained across product engineering considering areas such as HACCP, FMEA principles and material composition knowledge.
• Experience of business change and driving change across a fast paced working environment enabling new working process to be identified that can drive efficiency and accuracy.
Paladone is witnessing unprecedented growth as it develops global brands partnering key licenses that enable it to have a truly global presence as one of the leading global gift companies. Its market share is growing quickly as it spans a wide range of product categories. These of course bring opportunities and with it significant challenges to the successful candidate in this role. The person will need to be dynamic whilst embracing a collaborative team approach to driving the compliance function with the Procurement and Compliance Director.
If you think this sounds like the role for you then we would love to hear from you, to apply please send an email telling us a bit about you along with a copy of your CV to Caroline Deen:
email@example.com or call 01273 230037 if you have any questions about the role.
Thank you : -)