Pup Cakes by Paula! featuring Marshmallow and Strawberry Pups
Oven temperature 180c/325f Gas mark 4
170g Stork baking margarine
170g Caster sugar
170g Self Raising flour
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Cream butter/margarine and sugar together in bowl. Can be done in an electrical mixer, or again-muscles optional!
2. Gradually add eggs until well mixed, you can mix your 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in with eggs.
3. Sieve in self raising flour and baking powder.
5. Stir in 2 tablespoons of milk.
6. Divide mixture between 12 cupcake cases and pop in the pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes. Check cupcakes halfway through. The cupcakes are ready when the tops are springy to touch.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
250g room temperature unsalted butter
500g icing sugar
2 teaspoons Strawberry flavouring
1. Beat butter until light in colour and lovely and fluffy.
2. Gradually add icing sugar and beat for a further 5 minutes
3. Add flavouring, just a little at a time until you get the flavour you want.
Secret Ingredient! A tub of Marshmallow Fluff! Can be bought in most supermarket chains!
Assembly of your beautiful pups
1. Good old coring method! Core out the center of each cupcake and put carefully to the side! Don’t eat the little yummy cones of sponge!
2. Use a nifty little teaspoon to spoon some of your Marshmallow Fluff into the hole of your cupcake and plug the hole with your cut out cones of sponge.
Pupcakes are now ready to decorate as always with your beautifully fluffy buttercream, piping bags and nozzles!
I finished off the decorating using Strawberry Whip sweets. You can use whatever Strawberry themed candy you desire!
This week’s choice??? Well…Just because I can! I had a tub of Marshmallow Fluff in the cupboard from when I had a notion for cinema style ice cream! It screamed at me to be used in something delicious every time I opened that cupboard! That’s where the cupcakes came to fruition, because, of course, it really is all in the imagination!
That’s the great thing about cupcake recipes, you can troll the internet for hours looking for inspiration, or…you can have a look in your fridge and cupboards and experiment! The ideas don’t come out perfect every time but its great fun trying!!!
Happy baking my little inventors!
I’ve added some links below for suppliers of gadgets, flavouring, etc!